You can now shop by flavor, but which one is the best?
In the world of flavored sports drinks, Gatorade has a long history of being the go-to brand for electrolyte replenishment. What may not be so clear, is which is the preferred flavor among the wide variety available. Since its creation, Gatorade has launched different collections including “Fierce”, Frost, G2, and Zero. We are now offering the option to Shop by Flavor so you can get just the flavors that you like the best. To help you narrow down the list, we went on a testing mission to finally bring clarity to one of the most widely asked questions we normally receive: Which is the best flavor?
Before answering the age-old question, let's quickly go over Gatorade’s history. Back in 1965, researchers began testing and developing a drink that would help improve the performance of the Gators, or members of the athletic program at the University of Florida. They ran many tests and experimented with formulas designed to replenish electrolytes, carbohydrates and water lost through the exertion of sweat by athletes under the intense Florida heat. The innovative formula proved to be successful in helping the Florida Gators rehydrate and the first sports drink, Gatorade, was created. Since then, Gatorade has become a household name and continues to dominate the category while claiming 75% of the sports drink market.
At Hydration Depot, we like to know our product. We have put the flavors to the test and conducted blind tests to be as honest as possible letting our taste buds do the talking. The following is our list of top gatorade flavors in order. If you can't take our word for it or doubt our results, we challenge you to run your own test and provide your feedback. We’d love to hear what our customers think of our ranking or if you agree with our conclusion.
10. Zero Glacier Freeze: This is the epitome of a sports drink, all the electrolytes, sodium and carbohydrates a high performer needs without the feeling you need to work out after you drink it. Zero Glacier Freeze is a winner and starts our ranking with a cool wave of refreshing flavor, a load of hydration and none of the sugar you don't need.
9. G2 Fruit Punch: This low calorie fruit punch will have you fooled. It is perfect for those looking for a low calorie sports drink but still want the full punch flavor. You get the best of both worlds with this flavor and all the refreshment you need. G2 fruit punch has more taste and half the sugar of the original.
8. Grape: For those looking for a sweet taste they like and all the refreshment they need, the traditional grape flavor is here to satisfy! It goes down like a juice and rehydrates like a sports drink. If you want a flavor that does it all, this is it!
7. Blue Cherry Fierce: This is what we call the mystery flavor, we are not sure what makes it so good or why it is blue if it is a cherry drink. What we do know for sure is that this flavor is extremely refreshing and definitely fierce. You can't go wrong with a fierce cherry drink.
6. Zero Glacier Cherry: Glacier Cherry is a winner, the flavor is great and amazingly refreshing! The fact that this Zero edition has that bold flavor and NO sugar is mind-blowing. This gatorade flavor has all the flavor and refreshment you need and none of the sugar that you don't. Cherry is usually a great choice, having it without sugar makes it perfect.
5. Glacier Freeze: Cool blue is just cool! It is a versatile flavor that serves many purposes with a little sweetness. Whether it is a very hot day, or you are just looking for a rehydrating and easy drinking flavor. Cool blue is the way to go for rehydration anywhere, anyday.
4. Cool Blue: Cool blue is just cool! It is a versatile flavor that serves many purposes with a little sweetness. Whether it is a very hot day, or you are just looking for a rehydrating and easy drinking flavor. Cool blue is the way to go for rehydration anywhere, anyday.
3. Fruit Punch: For those who like a sweeter taste, fruit punch Gatorade is the way to go. It's a fan favorite for its bold and fruity taste. This flavor has been a winner since the beginning of the brand’s history for its wide appealing taste, refreshing crispness and rehydrating power.
2. Orange: Orange is a classic! If reviews can tell a story, then the people have spoken very clearly. With 4.8 stars as an average for thousands of reviews, it is very clear that this flavor won't disappoint. For decades, the orange flavor has kept millions hydrated and won over 96% of those who try it. There is no wrong choice if it includes a refreshing Orange Gatorade. Hydration doesn't get any better than this amazing citrus refresher.
1. Riptide Rush: This new and exciting flavor is perfect for those who like a little more zing in their drink. It's a combination of lime, raspberry and other citrus flavors. It is surprisingly refreshing and has created a following because of its cooling factor and hydrating performance. The feedback from every tester included a “WOW” somewhere within their response. The conclusion was unanimous, Riptide rush gatorade is refreshing, crisp and cool with a perfectly balanced sweetness.
The G.O.A.T = Lemon Lime
The results are in and there is no question about the verdict. The greatest Gatorade flavor of all time is Lemon Lime. This classic Gatorade flavor is a crowd-pleaser for a reason. It's crisp, refreshing, and perfect for any occasion. This versatile flavor is perfect for anything! It does not matter if you are working out in the hot Florida weather or looking to stay hydrated, this Gatorade classic will replenish your electrolytes, sodium, potassium and carbohydrates to keep you performing at your best.
No matter which flavor you choose, Gatorade is a great choice for staying hydrated. It's packed with electrolytes and carbohydrates to help fuel your body and keep you going. So, the next time you're looking for a refreshing drink, reach for a bottle of Gatorade and try one of these top 10 flavors. Let us know which one is your favorite in the comments below!"